What to expect
Our qualified technicians are available to service and repair your machines.
We service Pfaff, Husqvarna and Singer sewing machines. We offer a service for other brands as well, but please give us a call to confirm.
Longarm Quilting Services
Our longarm quilter will usually be in our store on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday if you have any questions or if you are dropping off a quilt.
$0.025 per square inch
Example. 60″ x 60″ =3600 x 0.025 = $90
Thread Charge: $10
Batting and Backing may be purchased separately at our store
*We have a minimum charge of $50 as our base cost for quilts smaller than 45″ x 45″*
HOW TO PREPARE YOUR QUILT
To prepare your quilt for longarm quilting, please do the following:
• Press all the seams flat at the back of the quilt
• Check for any weak seams and secure any if necessary
• REMOVE any loose threads from the front and back of quilt top and clip thread tails
• Backing and batting must be at least 8″ wider and longer than the quilt top (4″ on all four sides)
• Seams on the backing have to be horizontal rather than vertical
• The backing should be even on the edges and pressed. DO NOT baste or pin the layers together because they are mounted on the machine separately. If the backing must be pieced together, sew the pieces together horizontally using a 1/2″ seam allowance and press the seam open
• REMOVE selvedges from the backing
• Use a note to mark the top of the quilt and/or backing if you have a directional preference
• If you are working with bias edges or seams on the outside of your quilt, you should sew a 1/8″ staystitch on all sides of the quilt top to prevent stretching and the seams from popping open
PLEASE NOTE: PROJECTS WILL BE QUILTED IN THE ORDER RECEIVED
*Prices are subject to change without notice*